Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: Added another .45 to the collection today!

Currently in Paris, Tx in the process of moving to Greenville, Tx.

Added another .45 to the collection today!

I have been wanting to get ahold of an XDS and today I got my chance. The owner of the LGS called me and told me he got an XDS in and I promptly fell out of my chair because he is a small shop and doesn't usually get the newer popular pistols in this quickly.
    I asked him to hold it until I got there and he said he would. As soon as I got this baby in my hands I knew I would have to have it in my greedy little hands. I wouldn't say that the little woman's attitude was really all that gracious over this purchase. She calmed down when I told her I would sell the Sig P290 to fund this purchase.
    I didn't get to the range today but I took it home and got familiar with it and gave it a good cleaning and inspection. I was totally surprised at the trigger. It was a nice 5 lb pull with a short reset so I am really anxious to take it to the range tomorrow. I know it's not a 1911 but hey...it's in the .45 family. Yee Haaw

Founding Member (First 100) mktacop's Avatar

Re: Added another .45 to the collection today!

Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    I have been wanting to get ahold of an XDS and today I got my chance. The owner of the LGS called me and told me he got an XDS in and I promptly fell out of my chair because he is a small shop and doesn't usually get the newer popular pistols in this quickly.
    I asked him to hold it until I got there and he said he would. As soon as I got this baby in my hands I knew I would have to have it in my greedy little hands. I wouldn't say that the little woman's attitude was really all that gracious over this purchase. She calmed down when I told her I would sell the Sig P290 to fund this purchase.
    I didn't get to the range today but I took it home and got familiar with it and gave it a good cleaning and inspection. I was totally surprised at the trigger. It was a nice 5 lb pull with a short reset so I am really anxious to take it to the range tomorrow. I know it's not a 1911 but hey...it's in the .45 family. Yee Haaw
    Nice! Let us know how the recoil is on that little beast. I've been considering getting one myself.
    WAR EAGLE!

www.bslbullet.com

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust." -James Madison

mktacop....I just got back from shooting it and I love the little beast. The recoil is really not a consideration for anyone that has ever shot a 1911. It's about like that but with a little snappier feel to it. I shot it right and left handed with no problem what so ever. Compared to shooting a 125 grain 357 out of my LCR the recoil of the XDS was like a .22 round. It ran Hornady Critical Defense 185 grain JHP, Speer Gold Dot 185 grain and Remmington FMJ with no hiccups at all. My only problem was it was shooting about 6 inches to the left. I am not familiar with adjusting sights so I might need a little help with that. I can pocket carry the XDS with no problem. I would not hesitate to buy another one...that is if the little woman wouldn't kill me.

Founding Member (First 100) mktacop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    mktacop....I just got back from shooting it and I love the little beast. The recoil is really not a consideration for anyone that has ever shot a 1911. It's about like that but with a little snappier feel to it. I shot it right and left handed with no problem what so ever. Compared to shooting a 125 grain 357 out of my LCR the recoil of the XDS was like a .22 round. It ran Hornady Critical Defense 185 grain JHP, Speer Gold Dot 185 grain and Remmington FMJ with no hiccups at all. My only problem was it was shooting about 6 inches to the left. I am not familiar with adjusting sights so I might need a little help with that. I can pocket carry the XDS with no problem. I would not hesitate to buy another one...that is if the little woman wouldn't kill me.
    Nice to know. Congrats on the new pistol!
    WAR EAGLE!

www.bslbullet.com

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust." -James Madison

Thanks...although the folks at the Shady Grove Baptist Church probably heard me banging away today during Church. Hallelujah brother!

Smile Re: Added another .45 to the collection today!

I've been putting sweaty hand prints on one at Past and Blast in Whitesboro. They want $599. Any pics from the range?
    Last edited by ArmedDeacon; September 10th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

I will put some pics up this afternoon. I left the targets at our range. $600.00 is a good price for the XDS.

VIP Founding Member (First 100) R.Ph. 380's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedDeacon View Post
    I've been putting sweaty hand prints on one at Past and Blast in Whitesboro. They want $599. Any pics from the range?
    Isn't Past and Blast a great little store? He has some of the best used rifles in the North Texas area. Great personal man also. Did me a real favor last year and didn't try to gouge me for more money. I will buy from him at a higher price than someone else because of his ethics.

Bill
    'I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded' (stolen from another forum)

The Bill Of Rights. (Void where prohibited by law.)

45 ACP because once is plenty

Quote Originally Posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
    Isn't Past and Blast a great little store? He has some of the best used rifles in the North Texas area. Great personal man also. Did me a real favor last year and didn't try to gouge me for more money. I will buy from him at a higher price than someone else because of his ethics.

Bill
    Past and Blast would be a bit far from Greenville for me. I usually go to Mickeys Ammo Depot from there.

Rats, it rained and rendered my home range a little too muddy to traverse. I need to work on my trigger control because I am pulling my shots lo and left with my XDS. The XDS trigger is good but different from my other pistols and I need to adjust my trigger finger placement. I am going to put the pad of my finger closer to the end of my finger and curl my finger when I pull the trigger. I feel this gives me more sensitivity to the trigger.

Hi Bill, yes it it a great little store indeed. I love talking with Mr. Atherton, that man's forgotten more gun knowledge than I'll probably ever know. He seems pretty impressed with the RIA tactical, he was showing that to me the other day.

-Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post

Bill