Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: Ruger LCP Trigger

Founding Member (First 100) mktacop's Avatar

Ruger LCP Trigger

My wife's cousin has a Ruger LCP and just bought a LCP Brite trigger for it from Galloway Precision. He brought it over today for me to install it for him. While not something I would probably buy if I had an LCP, I must admit that it DOES make the trigger pull nicer. It also has two adjustment screws for take-up and overtravel. We got it tweaked to where there is barely any take-up and minimal overtravel on this little pistol. The new trigger feels nice on the finger as well.
    WAR EAGLE!

www.bslbullet.com

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust." -James Madison

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Re: Ruger LCP Trigger

If you carry a pistol for Self Defense . Kel Tec Ruger or what ever . If you ever have to use for real. It won't matter if its a file for a trigger . You won't notice it. Brain wil be to busytrying to keep you alive . To worry about if the trigger feels right or not. Shooting for Self Defense isn't target shooting . To different things. The sooner people worrying about triggers and fancey sights the better off they will be .
    You will be shooting close in. Less than 30' More than likely less than 10 ' You don't need a fancy trigger or sights to put 2 or 3 rounds in a 8" circle (COM)

Same goes for gripping the pistol. The little hold it like your shaking hands is for target shooting. I suggest when you draw, your squeeze , it hard and pull trigger. Quickly Odds are you will be shooting one handed Don't bet you life on the 2 hand hold and proper stance and all the other. Those nice if conditions are right. Murphy will Iam sure mess them up just for you.
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

Murphy always shows up when he is least expected or wanted.
    WAR EAGLE!

www.bslbullet.com

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust." -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
    If you carry a pistol for Self Defense . Kel Tec Ruger or what ever . If you ever have to use for real. It won't matter if its a file for a trigger . You won't notice it. Brain wil be to busytrying to keep you alive . To worry about if the trigger feels right or not. Shooting for Self Defense isn't target shooting . To different things. The sooner people worrying about triggers and fancey sights the better off they will be .
    You will be shooting close in. Less than 30' More than likely less than 10 ' You don't need a fancy trigger or sights to put 2 or 3 rounds in a 8" circle (COM)

Same goes for gripping the pistol. The little hold it like your shaking hands is for target shooting. I suggest when you draw, your squeeze , it hard and pull trigger. Quickly Odds are you will be shooting one handed Don't bet you life on the 2 hand hold and proper stance and all the other. Those nice if conditions are right. Murphy will Iam sure mess them up just for you.

This was actually demonstrated at the range last Friday. Young man being trained by some dumb bunny was shooting on his "own" target after I walked up and spoke to them both, I was standing behind the young guy as he unloaded his Ruger or Taurus version of my Keltec, he blasted away at 5 yards mind you at a full sized orange balloon, and missed every time (six or seven shots whatever his held - topped off), I yanked out my keltec and popped his balloon (pun intended) on the up stroke from my pocket, I was watching out of the corner of my right eye as his "instructor" was taking a bead "aim" at the balloon with his 1911 (therefore I got real quick on the pocket presentation and shot) and decided since they had been such smart farts to blast away while I tried to get my hearing protection out of the trunk when i first pulled into the adjacent parking area, that the jerks needed to be shown how the old bull does it. Nothing beats muscle memory and good pointing skills. GEEZ at 5 yards you can pee on the target....
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

mktacop,
    Did this aftermarket part you installed on his LCP shorten the trigger stroke before the pistol fired?
    If so I would like to do this upgrade, as the llooooonnnnnggg trigger stroke is horrible, to me.
    If shortened, let me know where to get this upgrade.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickab View Post
    mktacop,
    Did this aftermarket part you installed on his LCP shorten the trigger stroke before the pistol fired?
    If so I would like to do this upgrade, as the llooooonnnnnggg trigger stroke is horrible, to me.
    If shortened, let me know where to get this upgrade.
    Thanks
    It did indeed shorten the stroke of the trigger. Made it pretty nice. Here's a link, he got the LCP Brite.

http://www.gallowayprecision.com/lcp...anceparts.html

Sent using Tapatalk
    WAR EAGLE!

www.bslbullet.com

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

Thanks. Conversing with them now.