Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frog Oil

Re: Frog Oil

Feel a little guilty since I started this thread and have not followed thru with it. However, here goes.
    I cleaned my P1 (aka P38) didn't use the hair dryer to warm up the pistol. Used the oil and some of the paste. Lo and behold, all the parts I cleaned the patches came out clean. I must have an extremely clean P1.
    I haven't tried any on my 1911R1, but will do so before and after my next range trip. There's a freeze warning (again) here in central PA, so range trips are few and far between until the weather gets a little bit warmer(outdoor range).

we're both better off than that dude that has to treat his gun like a pop tart
    toast and clean....LOL
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Went to the range yesterday and fired my S&W .40 Sigma.
    Came back home and cleaned it with the Frog Oil. Took all of about 5-10 minutes. Did a good job with little effort on my part.

Been to the range with my Springfield XD 45 Tactical and my Remington 1911R1. Cleaned both with Frog Oil and it worked great. No muss no fuss and the wife didn't give me 'what for' over the odors. I'm beginning to like this stuff. I clean same day after each range visit and I'm sure it makes my cleaning easier.

+1 for Frog lube, I love the past on any pistol with full length rails. CZ's and 1911's Oh ya

Shooter_Mc_Gavin

Every gun I refinish for customers, or any hunting gun before season I do this to them with frog lube.

1. I use a rod oven (old welding rod oven) and pre-heat all the metal parts (minus springs, etc.) to 220 degrees
    2. Spray down all the parts with frog lube and let it sit for 15 minutes and then wipe down with microfiber cloth
    3. Repeat step 1.
    4. Repeat step 2.
    5. You have a gun that is basically a seasoned cast iron pot (if you know what im talking about) it beads off any oil, water, etc.. and gives the gun a beautiful finish that will protect it for ruff times.

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar

Frog lube is a great product and I use it when cleaning firearms indoors. I personally enjoy trying different products because I never know when "my" preferred product will be unavailable. I guess I like backup plans, options, etc.
    Retired LEO/NRA Member

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Keep mason a way from frog lube . Other wise will be a bunch of sore frogs
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

Frog Lube is a great product. I have been using it for several years. Frog Lube is kind of like my Bullet Bass Boat. The folks who knock Bullets have never ridden in one. The folks who bad mouth Frog Lube haven't used it. I love the fact that it is biodegradeable and doesn't ruin clothes it comes in contact with. In fact after cleaning your gun thoroughly, if you have some on your hands you can rub it in like hand lotion. It won't hurt you and it smells good. The neat thing about Frog Lube is after you wipe the gun down with a micro fiber cloth it is dry to the touch but feels slick. When you shoot the gun and it begins to heat up the Frog Lube sweats out of the metal and keeps the gun well lubed. When you get home and clean the gun the dirt and grime wipes off. Best product I have tried and I've tried many. I'm 73 years old.
    In order to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive. Murphy's Law is still in effect.

Read a lot of good things about Frog lube, but happy with Finish Line Dry Lube so I haven't tried it. Saw one negative brought up about it regarding long term storage. Seems there's a time limit on it's effectiveness.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist