Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: Bud's Conflicting Ratings

Question Bud's Conflicting Ratings

Went to Bud's looking for a potential purchase of a 9mm 1911.
    The ratings were conflicting from good to POS. All kinds of problems from customer service to finish flaking off,receiving pistols dirty. Even on their .45's. Having to replace mags with ones that work or ones that never work.
    Does anyone have one on this forum? I'm getting mixed signals.

Re: Bud's Conflicting Ratings

I've no experience with Para, only what I read & I usually take that with a grain of salt because usually all you hear on the 'net' are the bad experiences. But, seems a few of our Bersa Chat members have had experience with Para. Are you a member there? Maybe post your question for them also.

If you aren't, here's a link.
    http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php

Founding Member (First 100) bcrtops's Avatar

Brand?
    RIA makes a good entry level 9
    They be good shooters

Made one purchase w/ bud,s -- went OK
    Prefer Davidson,s GofG -- their warranty plus manufacturer RIA both good

Founding Member (First 100) trailblazer's Avatar

i think Springfield Armory makes a 9mm 1911. other than that, i have no working knowledge of them.

TB

Im assuming your talking about Para's since your in this subforum. If so, the reason you see such conflicting info is because they seem to be real hit or miss. Some people get really good ones and have no problems. Others get ones made on a friday at 4:45pm or something ;) My buddy had one for a bit (a 45, not 9mm) and it seemed to run fine. He didnt use the stock mags though. Not sure how their customer service is either in case there really is a problem.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Well I had one of their 45's It was a 1 shot pistol with large storage area in grip. Sent to factory They basically rebuilt and refurnished in 7 days. Came back a 2 shot pistol with large storage area in grip. New finish turn to rust almost over night. I got rid of and will never buy their junk again. When I was having trouble I went to Para boards. It was mostly talk about . How broken they were and try this try that MIGHT work.I don't think moving to America made them better.
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

Founding Member (First 100)

I had a rough experience with a Para GI Expert that I bought from Buds. Finish was nothing to cheer about it did come off a lot faster. Parakote was not as durable. Everything was an odd ball cut or non spec. It was hard to work on. Accuracy - at least on the one I had - was awful. I had to send it back to the factory to get fixed. I couldn't hit anything with it at 10 feet. They said it was me. Traded it as soon as I got it back for an AC commander and a Sig Target and have been very happy ever since. What bothers me now is the price for an AC2 was $422 @ buds. Now, it's hovering at $500. As for Para - I'm pretty sure they have ok guns. I just don't want one after my experience.

I have a PO18-9 LDA Limited, PO16-40 Limited and PO14-45 Signature - all older guns. They have functioned well for me.

My wife and I have 9mm 1911-FS-Rock Island Tactical's and we love them. They came with CheckMate Industries magazines, I bought us a bag full of 9mm mags from BoTach and the brand is Tripp -something or another, they hold ten rounds and function perfect...both of the RIA function flawlessly with ball ammo, neither will feed hollow points, this fact does bother us in the least since we have G17's with hicap mags for using hollow points and self defense ammo for SD work here inside the house. Outside the home I want HOT +P BALL AMMO in all of my guns. 5.5grains of bullseye under a 230 grain FMJ.....reload info is not recommended to replicate or use...I probably should not have listed it. I shoot HOT Remington 230 grain MC ammo in AC 1911's...man did I get off subject or what???
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

i have a GI expert ,, had to get a trigger job ( i was over my smiths scale >6# )and free up thumb safety ,, now its the most accurate and my fav 1911 love it BTW i got it from buds $469 a year ago

I traded for a GI Expert in stainless a few weeks ago and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement! 12 FTE's from the first 50 shots! I joined the other PARA forum and got banned for life for complaining! Quite a forum and gun to match. I now have a very slightly used GI Expert I will be using as trade fodder! I have 5 other 1911's and have never had a FTE in any of them! I would suggest renaming them PARA abnormal. Just sayin'

I have never been impressed with any, para i've picked up, I would hold out for something else, there are lots of 1911's out there.
    Just my two cents, Just for reference I look at different 1911's EVERY week if not more.

I'm pleased with my "older" Para's, a P13 and a P14 Limited, both are accurate, and 100% reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by haycreek View Post
    I'm pleased with my "older" Para's, a P13 and a P14 Limited, both are accurate, and 100% reliable.
    I sent you a PM to join us at Bersa Chat http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php Your 55 years of reloading would fit in with our forum. Nice 1911 sub forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by haycreek View Post
    Yes... What RC said.
    We'd love to have you!
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.”
    -Thomas Jefferson