Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: Thinking about one

Thinking about one

I am thinking about getting a American Classic II but still on the fence about this 1911. So I would like to hear from you owners out there about this nice looking 1911.
    Things I am asking are, reliability, longivity and performance along with fit and finish, over all pleasure to shoot.
    Thanks for all your replies

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Re: Thinking about one

You'll find a lot of very satisfied owners with no problems right out of the box & a couple, like me, that had issues with the pistol. But, those of us that had problems, also got them solved & I, for one, am very satisfied. You can't beat the 'after the sale' service of Eagle Imports. I have a Classic II & a Commander. Both more accurate than I am & the Classic II, with about 2K rounds, runs just about as smooth as my Colts which cost twice as much. The Commander,with about 500 rounds, is getting there. I'd say the deep blue finish is great & much better than the other budget priced 1911s I saw.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    You'll find a lot of very satisfied owners with no problems right out of the box & a couple, like me, that had issues with the pistol. But, those of us that had problems, also got them solved & I, for one, am very satisfied. You can't beat the 'after the sale' service of Eagle Imports. I have a Classic II & a Commander. Both more accurate than I am & the Classic II, with about 2K rounds, runs just about as smooth as my Colts which cost twice as much. The Commander,with about 500 rounds, is getting there. I'd say the deep blue finish is great & much better than the other budget priced 1911s I saw.
    Thanks for your reply, sounds great so far
    So what kind of issues with the pistol are you referring to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mostly feeding issues. Here's one of my older threads in the Technical Q&A Sub Forum. You will find several threads by me scattered thru the 4 pages in that forum. Long & short of it was that, with a lot of help from folks on this forum, I was able to work thru my problems with the Classic II, learning a lot about the pistol in the process. Turned out that there were more issues with my Commander than a shade tree trouble shooter like me could fix & I sent it in for warranty. Eagle Imports replaced the pistol.

http://www.metroarms1911forum.com/fo...s-AC-Commander
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

I have an American Classic Government Model that has been 100% reliable after shooting over 3,000 rounds thru it. It has taken all kinds of mags and ammo and goes bang every time. It does tend to hit the center of the target too.

Also, I have a 9MM Commander. After about 250 rounds it would intermittently not lock open on an empty magazine. Turned out slide stop was slightly out of spec. Within a week the replacement arrived from Eagle Imports. That was quick. This is an issue that's no big deal to me, it could happen to anything you buy. It's the quick solution that matters. BTW, over 1,500 rounds later and there have been no malfunctions with this pistol.

Not sure if you can buy a better 1911, just a more expensive one.
    qwiksdraw

I got the first run ever made, it's a deluxe. Approximately 3000 rounds. 8 ammo manufacturers. Loads 185, 200 and 230gr. bullets. Lots of reloads. Not ONE HICCUP! It has been run using nothing but bicycle chain lube. (Finish Line Dry). KG-10 on the trigger sear. I have never had a firearm go 3000 rounds flawless.
    My high end 1911's all had problems in the first 200 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OH, I forgot to say it loves all flavors of magazines

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I own one and a Commander size as well. Both have been great and very dependable with high round counts. The fit and finish is amazing at such a low entry price.
    Certified Armed Infidel