Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: Government Model range report

Government Model range report

My MA Government Model passed the 3,000 round quite while back, and I put in another 75 rounds in this week end and went bang every time I pulled the trigger. It amazes me how accurate this pistol is considering it has the government style front sight. Reliability remains at 199% too.

All I have done with this pistol is put on custom grips and put a little paint on the front sight (my eyes appreciate that). While the ACII gets more attention, the Government Model is no slacker.
    qwiksdraw

Re: Government Model range report

My Government Model was a good'n also, for the short time I had it. Lost the front sight, it wasn't an industry standard & finally deemed the pistol not repairable. The replacement came into the gunsmith with a bad front sight also! Guess they'd had my pistol so long, they opted to upgrade me to a Deluxe.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    My Government Model was a good'n also, for the short time I had it. Lost the front sight, it wasn't an industry standard & finally deemed the pistol not repairable. The replacement came into the gunsmith with a bad front sight also! Guess they'd had my pistol so long, they opted to upgrade me to a Deluxe.
    My Colt had the front sights fall out twice. The second time I handed it to my gunsmith and he staked the heck out of a new sight.
    qwiksdraw

Mine was one of the earlier A.C.s & the front sight wasn't standard. In the meantime, Metro arms changed to a standard one. So, gunsmith couldn't get an original & tried several after market sights, but none would work. The replacement pistol had something wrong with it's front sight. At least, that's the story I got after he'd had it for 7 months, trying to fix it. Actually, worked out well. I got a Deluxe out of the deal & Remington came out with a "Government" style 1911 in commander size, which I prefer.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist