Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: MAC 1911 Bullseye

MAC 1911 Bullseye

Good day,

Just wanted to share my MAC Bullseye in Black Chrome, in 9mm. I'm from the Philippines and it took me 6 months to acquire this from them. This is my first 1911. The 10 rd mec-gar mags, gives me issues on a full mag, FTF nose diving... Need some breaking in I guess...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16465896_10208704453628497_837353480_o.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	1044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16466230_10208704396027057_1488901828_o.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	1045

I am quite new to this forums and I am not sure if this post is on the right place. :D

Any other MAC Bullseye owner here?

Re: MAC 1911 Bullseye

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking pistol! Could be several things causing the nose dives. I assume on the first round, then runs okay? Could just be a matter of breakin, so give it a while. Wouldn't hurt to disassemble mag, clean, check for burrs in the tube & on the follower & make sure of the spring position.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Welcome aboard Rook917! Glad to have you!

Does it feed any better with loading one less in the magazine?
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the warm welcome. :D Yes, always on the first round. Already cleaned the mags, spring in proper position but will check on the burrs. The mec-gar mags really have a tough spring, I can barely put the 10th round in. Will give an update after 500 rds.

Quote Originally Posted by TuxAir View Post
    Welcome aboard Rook917! Glad to have you!

Does it feed any better with loading one less in the magazine?
    Thank you for the warm welcome. :D

Right now, 7 rounds on the magazine is the sweet spot. 9 or 8 occasionally causes FTF. Originally I thought its just the Golden Sabers 147 grain. Happens on FMJ too. Did some reading, people blame the mag spring on the mec-gar. will try to use the mags more and put full rounds on it and leave for about a month...

Leaving the spring compressed is not a bad idea. Exercising it will work better.

Do the magazine's feed lips have a sharp edge that bite into the brass? You would be able to tell from the brass.
    I had some aftermarket mags for a CZ that didn't feed right until I softened the edges of the feed lips. I used 400 grit sandpaper and a popsicle stick.

Another thing to look for is when the mag is fully loaded... Is the rear of the mag separating? Anything look like it is opening/spreading with full loading that isn't there with the 7 rounds?
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TuxAir View Post
    Leaving the spring compressed is not a bad idea. Exercising it will work better.

Do the magazine's feed lips have a sharp edge that bite into the brass? You would be able to tell from the brass.
    I had some aftermarket mags for a CZ that didn't feed right until I softened the edges of the feed lips. I used 400 grit sandpaper and a popsicle stick.

Another thing to look for is when the mag is fully loaded... Is the rear of the mag separating? Anything look like it is opening/spreading with full loading that isn't there with the 7 rounds?
    Just a heads up, I contacted Mec-gar about the issue. It seems that the old Metal followers and spring on the 1911 9mm 10 round mags are the culprit. They emailed me and said that they will send me a replacement plastic follower and spring (Not sure though if they will send it to the Philippines). They are aware of the issue and the metal followers should no longer be used. By the way I found a worst problem than the FTF. If the old mec-gar springs is light enough it will jam the slide after last round. Hurt my fingers a couple of times trying to push the follower down to fix the issue.

Here is a pic for reference.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Failure to Hold the slide back, Jams the gun. The follower sits on top of the slide stop..jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	1046