Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: My commander with a few differences

My commander 9mnm with a few differences

Here is a pic of my commander 9mm, I got it used and here are a few differences,
    I put different grips and a cylinder and slide sear & hammer.
    Dropped right in, I really like them, where they needed I doubt it but, I like the look and feel.
    It came with the shortened ejector, (some one cut the stock on off) not sure why.
    I had to replace the Recoil spring, (13lb wolf) works great, t the one in it was sacked out.
    Not sure why its all scuffed up under the slide stop but it doesn't bother me at all.
    And it has a longer sear/disconnector pin to fit a ambi safety which isn't in it???
    Oh and a flat trigger I had laying around, not sure I like it, but it works.

Update: I seem to be having a few issues with the slide locking to the rear with Wilson EMT mags
    I tried a few different slide stops the problem got worse. Tripp Research seem to be the only mags that work 100%

Update: 30' standing 124gr HP,
    Attachment 723

IMG_0575.jpg

Anyway Here it is.

DSC02083.jpgDSC02085.jpg
    Last edited by phidelt208; July 25th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Re: My commander 9mnm with a few differences

Those grips look good on your Commander.

At least the scratches are hidden when the slide stop is installed. A little dab of Birchwood Casey Gun Blue on those scratches will make it look almost new.
    qwiksdraw

Thanks,
    They work well, and have the magwell built into the bottom. I'm not to worried about the scratches, but I have some gun blue, I try it out tonight.

Better Group at 30 feet about 1.70"
    IMG_0577.jpg
    Last edited by phidelt208; August 19th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

Had some issues with my rounds not feeding in the chamber, so I polished/rounded the edge just a bit where the bullet feeds int to chamber, I wonder if other barrels are rounded slightly here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Founding Member (First 100) Vaden's Avatar

I have those same scratches on both my Trophy and Amigo, which are also both hard chromed. I took the safeties and slide locks out and polished down the backsides with sandpaper to avoid any new scratches. I recommend Brownells OxphoBlue to touch them up quick and easy. The barrel you have pictured doesnt looks like anything that I've seen come in the AC's, they are usually fully throated (cut back and ramped in) about 3/4 of the way around the chamber mouth.

EDIT: Ok I see youve got a 9mm (majorly jealous!!!!) so thats why its different than what I've seen. You can take it to a gunsmith to have it properly throated or do a lot of study on the subject and break those sharp edges with a sanding drum followed by polishing mirror smooth with a felt bob on a dremel. Just be sure to only break and polish the edge so you maintain full chamber support.
    American Classic Trophy .45ACP
    American Classic Amigo .45ACP
    Glock 22 Gen3 .40S&W
    Glock 27 Gen4 .40S&W