PDA

View Full Version : just tried gun juice.

slumpy1972
January 29th, 2012, 07:37 PM
My father just bought me some of this stuff, microlon gun juice. Immediately tried it out on my acll with not very great results, so then decided to slow down and read instructions and WOW, I thought my gun was clean and shiny before, well now it's really smooth action and slick and shiny surface. Trick was heating the metal of gun up first, unloaded of coarse! Then the metal absorbs the stuff pretty quickly. Don't know how well it will hold up in the long run, I really like my Johnson's paste wax, but it's always fun trying out other stuff. Reading the advertising on the packaging it sure act's like it's gods gift to all metal, who knows. Anybody else have any experience with it, good or bad? On a side note I really like the precision oiler I got with it, it's like a needle, with pocket clip, can put the microlon lube anywhere with it.

mitchr
January 30th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Proof is in how it runs at the range. Let us know.

SKYDOG308
April 26th, 2012, 08:32 PM
man I tell ya....I ain't gonna touch that Johnson wax..........LOL

Metal absorbing something...how hot did you get it?

I've got some prolong oil in similar dispenser.....OMG...I'm crying here

crazy charlie
April 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I guess I'll have to break down and get a hair dryer before going any further with my Frog Oil experiments.
This stuff you tried sounds good, but one experiment at a time.
Skydog. Prolong? You cracked me up!

SKYDOG308
April 27th, 2012, 01:27 PM
just be my luck I'd have a couple shots too many and pop the glock in the oven

hey I'll take a picture...

well I can not find it, wife must have hidden it somewhere

I'm really not kidding the stuff came as a kit for cars, oil treatment, lube and gas treatment..PROLONG was the name of the company and product

CrazyC you been reading too much of your junk mail...should delete that stuff :confused:

Check it out
http://www.prolong.com/eStack/ProductInfo/PSL11000.aspx?gclid=CJP9vdjT1a8CFZFR7AodHj9vfQ

SKYDOG308
April 27th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Proof I BS not433434

SKYDOG308
April 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I wonder if this would work?
Just a little dab on the rails, may try it on the RIA...kinda sorta my experimental gun

mitchr
April 27th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I wonder if this would work?
Just a little dab on the rails, may try it on the RIA...kinda sorta my experimental gun

I don't know, don't think so for me. I get within 10 feet of that stuff & I got black on everthang around me, especially my clothes.

SKYDOG308
April 28th, 2012, 12:27 AM
probaly right, I didn't think of that. Thanks.

When I come in each evening as it is wifie hoses me down with "Shout" detergent booster...I'd much prefer Jack Daniels...oh well